Arhaeology of XVIII-XX centuries

Information
Collection of objects is connected directly with the city of St. Petersburg since its foundation.

This section includes items found during archaeological excavations at the Peter-and-Paul fortress and the historical part of city, during the restoration works in the architectural monuments, and found as lifting material during excavation works as well as the objects coming from private collections.

The beginning of this section was laid by the items from archaeological excavations on the Spit of the Vasilyevsky island fulfilled by the founder of archeology of St. Petersburg A. D. Grach in 1952.



← Back to section